Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Server rollover bugs   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
A major leaguer who didn't even play and is 29 years old got pops, as did the major league pitchers I played in spring training, but none of my major league hitters (Gonzalez, Becker, Schmidt) got any pops. The minor leaguers got a crazy amount of training. I'm not the only one experiencing something like this. Is it possible major leaguers got a short shaft in their training?
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Keeping them in rookie ball for now.

I think the best course of action is to follow the recommendations. If they get rec'd for the majors and you think they need a little more training, give them some extra time in AAA.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I only had one player who popped a lot (9 SI). And he is being recommended to skip over AAA entirely. Unless he got 1.5 years worth of training updates, I'm thinking he needs to spend a few weeks at least in AAA...
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Are still there chances of a rollover or not?
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It doesn't seem so at this point. If Steve does roll things back at all, whether to before the first training update or all the way back to the start of the season, it's a decision he needs to make by Monday afternoon before the first Cup games, and before Tuesday's season opener at the absolute latest. None of us will like losing the last few days or the entire preseason and having to redo things, but I daresay we'll be understanding about it. Once the Cup and regular season get started, though, I really do think the chance to declare a mulligan will have passed.

tl;dr: It's now or never time, Steve. Should we plan on playing this out or are we retconning?

Updated Sunday, October 22 2017 @ 2:19:47 am PDT
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
You mean a rollback to before the training mess, Meccanodonte? I don't think so. Steve said something to that effect in another thread and he posted the start of a new season in "News".
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, sorry, I meant rollback.
I'd lean towards a rollback, I'm not confortable with this unexpected boost, even if it could be seen as a positive thing.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not comfortable with it either. I think it will be a mixed bag at best, but I'd opt for whichever option makes Steve do the least amount of work. I imagine he's spent enough time behind the scenes untangling this already.
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
While I do agree that Steve has done lots behind the scenes to fix this (and I applaud him for having done so, make no mistake about it), I feel it needs mentioned that the repercussions of the accelerated training affects every team, for better or for worse, and not just the handful of teams who made out like bandits in the waiver snafu (and their fellow league teams, admittedly). This was an event that could be felt well into the 2050s as the current batch of teenagers winds down toward retirement. Food for thought.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd expect that Steve has a better handle on how this will effect the players involved than we could. He knows how players develop, we just have the collective wisdom of years of trial & error. I don't think he'd let it go forward if it was going to seriously unbalance the game for a decade or more.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page