Dallas Dragons
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
I took Jacksonville.
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
If I start a private league will there be enough interest to justfy me spending the money it takes to start one? It'd need to be half filled for the simulations to run.
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Original note

I have started playing MFN as well. I am using another user name over there. Was thinking about joining MFN-47 if another team became available.

Yes count me as interested - I would very much like to join for your private league if you get enough people to join.

( EDIT UPDATED NOTE: see my next post below about what I've more recently just learned about possible serious MFN gameplay issues that may cause me to walk away from the MFN game. )

Updated Friday, November 24 2017 @ 12:42:01 am PST
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Since I'm not entirely comfortable asking somebody to shell out money on my behalf, I'd be for staying in our current league and posting here when there are openings in hopes of ending up with a mostly BB league.
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I would be happy to join a private league with fellow bbers.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sure, I would switch to the private league if it got created.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd play both leagues if one got created
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If one was there, I'd play but I don't want to suggest anyone should spend money just to make it happen. I'm curious to see how the one we are in will go.
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
After reading several of the posts in the forums for MFN recently, it sounds like there are a lot of issues with gameplay. For example, i've read that if you want to be successful on offense, all you really need to do is throw a lot of long passes and you will have enough success not only to win, but win big. There aren't enough quality CBs out there to always play M2M, and I've read that in zone coverage, most of the DBs are slow to react, making the bomb approach successful.

I also read that if you run the same play an excessive amount of times, that there is a certain penalty that the system will incur. That said, it is suggested that the penalty is not enough to discourage heavy use of that team's primary play or two, and it will continue to be used.

I also read that defensively, if you choose to be a heavy blitz team, as in 90% of the time, that you will likely find success.

The game sounds intriguing, but after reading some of these comments, I could easily find myself walking away if faced with teams that want to play that way. "Strategies" like that are not strategies at all, and would really make all of the player/coach/playbook analysis a waste of time.

Anyone else have similar thoughts?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I had a lot of the same concerns when I started digging a little deeper. A lot of "gamey" tricks that will threaten my suspension of disbelief.

There are a lot of really well-done aspects of the game. Draft's been fun. The whole personnel side of the game feels very authentic. Trades are amazing. Have yet to play a game I was invested in with my gameplan and my personnel, though. Have to see how it holds up.

Somebody has a 50 overall QB drafted in the 7th round who happens to have the magic attribute and he drops 1000 yards on me? I might be out. These games are hard to make. Harder to get them right. That one does accept people's money, so I'm going to a bit harder on it if it has too many holes.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page