Off-Topic Forum

Forum >> Off Topic >> American Football Sim   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@12twelve @Haselrig

I am yet to play a game in MFN myself also. But during my first draft over the last couple days I too am seeing the same issues that you stated.

Speed seems far and away the dominant attribute on offense and defense. Yet in the draft there is more fast WRs and only a tiny amount of fast CBs and other defensive backs.

This could be a fatal flaw in the game design. There is just not enough fast CBs to go around. And experienced players in MFN say that speed is supreme in that game.

So depending on how things turn out, I too may stop playing the MFN game if this fatal flaw becomes an issue.

Updated Friday, November 24 2017 @ 12:40:03 am PST
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Me too ;)

I read the same tutorials as you all did, obviously.
And share the same concerns.

I noticed some of these tutorials are referring to different game engines. Both old, current or in beta test.

How it affects our league, I haven't the faintest!

However, looking at last year's stats, the league was overwhelmingly RUN oriented. IIRC, 20+ RBs over 1,000 yds. Whereas no QB exceeded 5,000.

I also read there "was"? an issue about KOR, but looks like a things of the past.

Let's see...
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Reading through the forums, the game balance looks really ridiculously off. Plus the playbook thing looks needlessly complex. I'm not sure I'm going to stay here long-term.

One thing that bugs me are the strength and speed stats. I've seen QBs with 97 strength and OLs with 12. It should never be like this.

Updated Friday, November 24 2017 @ 1:30:48 pm PST
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
FYI, the San Fran team opened up if anyone is interested
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
That's got Steve written all over it :)
wil_m

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Cactusguy21!

I took the San Fran Team.

My user name over there is: "yardbyyard"

Happy to join the MFN-47 :-) - still learning a lot about the game and really don't know what I am doing - but I hope to learn!

I will give the game a chance to see if the gameplay will work or not.

Updated Saturday, November 25 2017 @ 8:57:02 pm PST
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
The Atlanta team is now available, and it looks to be a pretty good one too.
12twelve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm already bored with it. Been on for a month and only two pre-season games. Takes way too long. Plus the forums say it's basically worthless to try and run the ball, sped is everything, throw bombs all the time and you'll win, blitz all the time and you'll win. Doesn't seem realistic and the veteran players all know the loopholes. Don't know how long I'll stay wth it.
wickersty

Deadwood Perambulators
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, I think I’m done with it too. Disappointing. Had potential.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I've actually taken most of the blitzes out of my gameplan, I was getting burned on them on passing downs. In 19, I'm beginning to run the ball pretty effectively (5-2 now) and the top team also is the best running team.

At first I did have a lot of long passes and blitzes called, but it was pretty ineffective.

It's a petty detailed oriented game. Sure veterans know the ins and outs, but they also have tailor made teams.

Still not a perfect game, I agree. Looks like sustained success is signing good young players to low base salaries with big bonuses then using them to acquire high draft picks when those deals are up.

The sim does need to run a bit faster too.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page