Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2027 Draft Survey   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
My draft compared to everyone else's would probably look like a great haul with 7/10 being a pretty good hit.

Though I only kept 3/7 because of their scouting reports. I'll say it was a pretty good haul.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I drafted five POT 12s (including #9 and #10), four POT 11s, and one POT 10.

A couple of the POT 12s were ok. The #10 pick is still on the team, mostly because I have space until next year.

My #1 pick, "Corky" Romano is a actually a pretty nice looking POT 12 and will probably make the team as a relief pitcher (depending on where his control goes).
Huaraches25

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Got 14 pot 1B Ramos future CF in round 3
Plus Harimoto round 8 who might be major league ready sometime during next season. The rest of this years draft might get cut before seeing the major league roster but we'll see
Shyfire

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Currently I have 5/10 but by spring, next year i'll have 4, all future impact players plus one who could very well be ready for the majors next year, so it's been a pretty good draft class.
Dcmrulz

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Kept 5 of 10:

1 16 (Round 1)
3 13 (Rounds 2,3,4)
1 12 (Round 8)

Did not keep 5 of 10:

4 11 (Rounds 5,6,7,9)
1 10 (Round 10)

I think in the long run, the 12 POT might get cut, so I expect 4 draftees to stay on my team long term.

Updated Saturday, June 18 2016 @ 7:30:46 pm PDT
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Without question my worst draft. Two are currently on the roster. This guy could be a good rp, but we will see his development. The other guy is really only on the team because I didn't need to make room. Heck, only one of the guys I cut made another team, and he really shouldn't have.

Updated Sunday, June 19 2016 @ 5:16:25 pm PDT
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Kept one out of nine. I wouldn't have kept that one any other season.

Raleigh 2027 Draft Grade: F
xLee227

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Only 1/10 this year, but hard to complain after last season's stellar crop.
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Much better than last season's one and done.
No drool worthy 16 pots or even 15s.

Solid DH prospect in the 1st

3rd round round = 3 ... Clarice?
Got Fresca ... or at least a national teamer?

solid filler in 2 + 6

4 of 9 for now

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow dwindacatcher! I think you actually did worse than me. At least our #1s look like passable POT 12 relief pitchers.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Kept: 3/10
1 (14), 3 (13), 4 (12)

Cut: 7/10
12s: 2, 5, 6, 7, 10
11s: 9
10s: 8

I fully expect my first-rounder to become an eventual starter. He had a solid year in rookie ball and will enter A ball as an 18-year-old.

My third-rounder could eventually become the starting catcher or a backup RF. Also had a decent year in rookie ball and will begin 2028 on the A squad.

My fourth-rounder could compete for the starting LF spot one day if he can pan out well hitting-wise. I expect an early call-up to the A team in early 2028.

I currently have a lot of guys in AAA or newly called up to the big league team whom I expect to get some big league time soon, and could make way for a strong rookie class in 2028. While this was not a particularly outstanding draft class, it ought to hold down the fort in the minors for the next 2-3 seasons.

Final Grade: C+
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
My first draft, and my team's still got more holes on the farm than swiss chese, but I kept 6/10 so a solid C or C- depending on your grading structure. Most of them are still in rookie league, but most of them are also under 20.

People I expect to see good things from in 2028 or 2029: Farr, Diaz

People I don't expect to stick around long: Harris

Plans for 2028's draft: a proper 2B, SS and pitching. so, so much pitching.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1 above average who was actually a 10 potential.
6 goods who were awful, 4 with 11 potential, 2 with 12.
Thankfully the very goods were pretty much as advertised, a 13 plus two 14s. As a result, the class ended up about average.
GullyFoyle

Spokane Wolves
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
My first full draft. Kept three 13s, including one with 108 SI, and two 14s.

Let go a 13 (just didn't like his skillset), a 12, an 11, and two 10s.

I drafted only one pitcher, despite feeling every week that I would pick a pitcher, and unfortunately he was the 11 pot guy and was let go.

Quite happy with it overall.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
9/10 players kept out of draft this year.
I say my draft this year a B+ overall.
Come spring have hard cuts to make.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Kept only 4 players in this draft. Two 14 POTs and two 13 POTs.

Overall grade- B
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@rock yeah, it was pretty bad. I took the guy thay looked the best every time too. I'm the past if I knew nobody would be any good I would draft whomever looked the worst just for fun. But my minors are pretty barren right now. I really just need bodies that have any hope.

Also link. I forgot to post link to the one guy I got that was decent.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Seeing how bad other people's drafts were, I probably should not complain. I did get three very good offensive weapons. Depending how well their development goes and how their final ratings line up, I could see all them starting for me one day.

Round #1: Ray Gavin

I project this guy to be the future 2B when Berra's career ends. I may have to get a filler 2B if Berra drops off quickly, but in the end, this guy will probably be at 2B.

Round #2: Shiro Yabuuchi

This guy was the most ironic draft pick I have probably ever made. Literally two days before I drafted him, I commented on the forums about how many really good DHs I had in my system. Sure enough, viola. Very next day I draft perhaps the best looking 12 POT DH I have ever seen. He has no flaws for a DH. Great hitter, prolific slugger, low speed, low range, low arm, poor fielder. The problem is that now it is saying he is major league ready, but Castellonas is still in his prime. I guess it is a good problem to have, but I am not going to be happy to have to sit either one of those guys.

Round #3: Isaac Harrell

This guy looks like a pretty good 3B for the future. I would like him more if he had another point or two in his arm, but there is no arguing his hitting ability.

Those are the only guys I kept. The problem is that if I were looking for an offensive draft, I would be very happy with these picks, but I was looking for pitching in this draft. I don't have even one 14 POT pitcher in my system at the moment, and the offense in my system right now is, simply put, stupendous. I was just never really presented with a really good pitcher. Next year, I am going all out for pitching to support this future juggernaut offense.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Same old story for the Dinos. Added depth to strengths. Was not able to address any weaknesses.

Got Schuler in the first round. Either a defense-first 1B in a system loaded with 1B or a noodle-armed OF. Might be a good OBP guy, but doesn't steal bases and has no power.

Kept Sharp from round 2. Another 1B, and essentially a slightly worse version of Nava. Haven't been able to cut him b/c he is Canadian. :)

Found Galvin in round 4. Would be much more exicted if he were a RHP. Don't find much use for southpaws, and already have a bunch in the system.

The dream continues ... Maybe next season an OF or a SS or a RHP.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I have 3 guys on my roster from this year. It might be 2 shortly because I'm not sold on Pacheco, a 12 pot who will be 20 next season and is still in rookie ball.

But in week 1 I got 14 pot rhp Reid Hardin and in week 10 I got 14 pot SS/CF Marco Morales. Not much in between. Those two guys leave me satisfied though and I suspect they were the guys Seca was looking for.

Updated Sunday, June 19 2016 @ 7:23:36 pm PDT
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Meh draft year for me.

Got a 23 y.o 15 pot guy in the first round, and while he was doing his best in training, I'm still not sure he'll ever reach his potential.

Other than him, kept three 12-13 pot pitchers, none of them looking too promising tbh, and one even less promising batter whom I'll probably cut soon.
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Likely the best draft I've ever had. Drafted no one below a 12 POT and kept two guys I'll be counting on to eventually anchor the team.

Small keep ratio, but my minors are hard to crack for any draft pick at this point. If i had a newer team, this would have been a serious team building draft.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
After the excellent draft seasons that brought me the lineup I have now, I found 2025 decent but uninspiring, and it's only been downhill from there. Last season, there was still a 14p high school righty outfielder who can both defend and hit a bit, not exciting because my system isn't exactly short on righty bats, but at least something.
This season:
First round, blame me for going international, I got Kasper Dombrowski, actually a lefty outfielder, but of the mediocre kind and grossly underdeveloped.
Finding anything decent in round 8 can probably be considered a success, and Edgar Marsh is actually a college pitcher with decent development, matching my needs almost ideally. Unfortunately, with his talent, the best he'll be good for in legends is mopping up in blowout.
I keep asking myself if I'm spoiled and overly critical of my draftees after a few good seasons, but the fact that nobody I have drafted since 2023 and not kept has been picked up by anyone else doesn't look like it.

Updated Monday, June 20 2016 @ 3:08:55 am PDT
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Under my first full year of owning okc. In my first picked I got the best rated player in rookie Phil Becker. I got some decents 12 and 13 pots players too. A- Draft because of no pitchers. it totally helps my pitching problem too as I only have 4 minor league pitchers all AAA. One of witch is the forth best player in AAA and second best pitcher in AAA
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd give my draft this year a B+. Picked up a 14 in the first round, and only 3 guys were catch and release. A couple of the guys I've kept will probably get cut down the road, and a couple more are probably bench players. Overall I can't complain too much.
Favuz

Oxnard Sunsets
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
kept 4/10 players, Round 2,3,4 and 7.
1 P, 3 NP
1 14 Pot
2 13 Pot
1 12 Pot

Only the 14 Pot Pitcher in the second round is a keeper for every team, the other ones has flaws and they are at the top of the cut list, probably 1 or 2 of them won't make it to the majors.

Not a great year overall but there have been lesser good years.

In the first years as owner, i found a lot of great bats and no P, in the last 3-4 season trend has inverted, a lot of good P but no great fielders.

Hope to find a 14/15 pot bat next year, possibly a Switch hitting CF or a lefty C :D
garfscores

Battle Creek Sting
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Kept four, although the 10th round guy will be me first drop in a roster crunch.

This included the best pitcher I've ever drafted (a 14 POT in the second round), 3 13 POT, 3 12 POT and 3 11 POT... all three 13 POT are currently still with the team.

I understand why we can't trade, but it is REALLY frustrating when all I keep drafting is good pitching. ISO, anyone that can hit.

Updated Tuesday, June 21 2016 @ 5:52:34 am PDT
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
3/10, so I'll give it a C-, given that Steve has said 2-3 (or 3-4) is a decent return.

Drafted two much-needed 13 POT pitchers with my first two picks (only 7 of 21 minor leaguers are pitchers), and a great hitter 12 POT SS (likely 2B) with my 4th rounder.

Other than those I drafted one 12, FIVE 11s and a 9 POT. Had some really good reports not backed up by the actual numbers, so pretty average (at best) draft. One of the 11s was an Asian great hitting 3B, bench fodder, and one of my options for round 9 was a great hitter 2B who I passed on for a pitcher - who turned out to be the 9 POT.
allen54chevy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Mine went well. I kept 5:
1st rd 14POT
2nd rd 12POT (looks interesting for DH or rh1B)
3rd rd 13POT (my #1 rated prospect, according to the rankings)
5th rd 16POT!!!!!!
6th rd 13POT (my #2 rated prospect)

Previous Page | Show Page |