Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2027 Draft Survey   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow dwindacatcher! I think you actually did worse than me. At least our #1s look like passable POT 12 relief pitchers.
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Kept: 3/10
1 (14), 3 (13), 4 (12)

Cut: 7/10
12s: 2, 5, 6, 7, 10
11s: 9
10s: 8

I fully expect my first-rounder to become an eventual starter. He had a solid year in rookie ball and will enter A ball as an 18-year-old.

My third-rounder could eventually become the starting catcher or a backup RF. Also had a decent year in rookie ball and will begin 2028 on the A squad.

My fourth-rounder could compete for the starting LF spot one day if he can pan out well hitting-wise. I expect an early call-up to the A team in early 2028.

I currently have a lot of guys in AAA or newly called up to the big league team whom I expect to get some big league time soon, and could make way for a strong rookie class in 2028. While this was not a particularly outstanding draft class, it ought to hold down the fort in the minors for the next 2-3 seasons.

Final Grade: C+
quanin

Cleveland Thunder
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
My first draft, and my team's still got more holes on the farm than swiss chese, but I kept 6/10 so a solid C or C- depending on your grading structure. Most of them are still in rookie league, but most of them are also under 20.

People I expect to see good things from in 2028 or 2029: Farr, Diaz

People I don't expect to stick around long: Harris

Plans for 2028's draft: a proper 2B, SS and pitching. so, so much pitching.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1 above average who was actually a 10 potential.
6 goods who were awful, 4 with 11 potential, 2 with 12.
Thankfully the very goods were pretty much as advertised, a 13 plus two 14s. As a result, the class ended up about average.
GullyFoyle

Spokane Wolves
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
My first full draft. Kept three 13s, including one with 108 SI, and two 14s.

Let go a 13 (just didn't like his skillset), a 12, an 11, and two 10s.

I drafted only one pitcher, despite feeling every week that I would pick a pitcher, and unfortunately he was the 11 pot guy and was let go.

Quite happy with it overall.
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
9/10 players kept out of draft this year.
I say my draft this year a B+ overall.
Come spring have hard cuts to make.
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Kept only 4 players in this draft. Two 14 POTs and two 13 POTs.

Overall grade- B
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@rock yeah, it was pretty bad. I took the guy thay looked the best every time too. I'm the past if I knew nobody would be any good I would draft whomever looked the worst just for fun. But my minors are pretty barren right now. I really just need bodies that have any hope.

Also link. I forgot to post link to the one guy I got that was decent.
Mig2015

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Seeing how bad other people's drafts were, I probably should not complain. I did get three very good offensive weapons. Depending how well their development goes and how their final ratings line up, I could see all them starting for me one day.

Round #1: Ray Gavin

I project this guy to be the future 2B when Berra's career ends. I may have to get a filler 2B if Berra drops off quickly, but in the end, this guy will probably be at 2B.

Round #2: Shiro Yabuuchi

This guy was the most ironic draft pick I have probably ever made. Literally two days before I drafted him, I commented on the forums about how many really good DHs I had in my system. Sure enough, viola. Very next day I draft perhaps the best looking 12 POT DH I have ever seen. He has no flaws for a DH. Great hitter, prolific slugger, low speed, low range, low arm, poor fielder. The problem is that now it is saying he is major league ready, but Castellonas is still in his prime. I guess it is a good problem to have, but I am not going to be happy to have to sit either one of those guys.

Round #3: Isaac Harrell

This guy looks like a pretty good 3B for the future. I would like him more if he had another point or two in his arm, but there is no arguing his hitting ability.

Those are the only guys I kept. The problem is that if I were looking for an offensive draft, I would be very happy with these picks, but I was looking for pitching in this draft. I don't have even one 14 POT pitcher in my system at the moment, and the offense in my system right now is, simply put, stupendous. I was just never really presented with a really good pitcher. Next year, I am going all out for pitching to support this future juggernaut offense.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Same old story for the Dinos. Added depth to strengths. Was not able to address any weaknesses.

Got Schuler in the first round. Either a defense-first 1B in a system loaded with 1B or a noodle-armed OF. Might be a good OBP guy, but doesn't steal bases and has no power.

Kept Sharp from round 2. Another 1B, and essentially a slightly worse version of Nava. Haven't been able to cut him b/c he is Canadian. :)

Found Galvin in round 4. Would be much more exicted if he were a RHP. Don't find much use for southpaws, and already have a bunch in the system.

The dream continues ... Maybe next season an OF or a SS or a RHP.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page